If you’re returning to work, certainly your financial situation is part of the equation. Will you be earning a significant salary or bringing in less than when you left the workforce? What about your expenses? Work clothes? Commuting? Child care? During a recent Auxin session, Greg Bielak, a millennial who started investing on his own right out of high school, shared his strategies:
- Know where your money is going. Research companies to find out about their products, projects, and outlook.
- Avoid fees on your bills by making payments on time.
- Use an auto payment service so you don’t risk late fees.
- Always compare prices on any major purchase.
- Review bank and credit card statements. Mistakes can happen.
- Live within your means. Before you buy something, consider if you can REALLY afford it.
- RobinHood Markets, Inc. – fee-free stock trading site popular with millennials
- CNBC’s Mad Money with Jim Cramer